PAULO J. FUTRE
Portuguese artist born in Madrid (1989). Lives and works in Madrid.
· Summa Art Fair, Madrid
· Seandblue Luxury Experience, Liquid Mirrors, Marbella
· W Hotel of Verbier, Switzerland. Other artists: Fabian Oefner, Mikha-ez.
· University Museum of Historical Memory, Puebla (México)/ Aguafuerte Gallery, Mexico DF.
Impossible Arquetipes, Other artists: Marina Vargas, Ciuco Gutiérrez, Rosa Muñoz, David Ortega, Rafa Macarrón
· Deco Open Night, Madrid, Nikolas Piper Showroom
· Adora Calvo Gallery, Pintura.PPPinturAAA, Salamanca (Spain).
Other artists: Luis Gordillo, Prudencio Irazábal, Pedro Calapez, Miguel Ángel Campano, Mitsuo Miura, Phillipp Frohlich, Daniel Verbis.
· Justmad, Madrid Emerging Art Fair, Justdesign.
Rafael Perez Hernando Gallery, Emerge, Madrid
· Banco Santander Videotalentos
· Close Up Vallarta, International Festival of Videocreation, Puerto Vallarta (México)
· Fundación Canal, Microvideo, Madrid Shortfilm Festival.
· Banco Santander Videotalentos – Finalist
· Prize for the best academic results on Fine Arts at Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, Madrid
Artist statement: Breaking the fourth wall. Paulo J. Futre
Organized by Beyond Arting.
Double-page article at the Spanish edition of GQ Magazine! Read the online version
I was selected by Summa Art Fair to represent it’s Design section. It was the fair’s first edition, and I felt honoured to be the only artist who had his own stand, next to prestigious art gallerys such as Filomena Soares or Max Extrella.
Interview at Beis, a new art magazine published in Spain. It was great to be part of their third edition.
Interview at Grazia. Read more.
I had the luck to exhibit my new creations next to one of my favourite artists, Nikolas Piper, at the Deco Open Night event. His work questions the boundaries between art and design, and its definitely a great reference and inspiration for me. It’s was an honour to exhibit next to him in his own showroom.
Watch a video of the exhibition.
Visita Nikola’s site: www.nikolaspiper.com
The DecoHunter section of Elle Magazine deeply mentioned my work. Read more
Great article about my work! Read
Group exhibition at Galería Adora Calvo with works by great artists such as Luís Gordillo (a living legend!), Mitsuo Miura, Prudencio Irazabal and Daniel Verbis, among others. It is an honor to exhibit alongside them. Especially since two weeks ago was my 24th birthday!